If you want to increase revenue and your productivity as an Amazon seller, you’re going to need reliable data. The majority of top Amazon sellers use software to help collate and make sense of this data. This AMZScout Pro review is going to cover everything you need to know about the software.
AMZScout Pro is a Chrome extension, but it’s just one of the platform’s tools, so I will touch on the web app to give you a full overview of what they offer.
By the end of this review, you will know what AMZScout is capable of and whether it’s the right tool for your Amazon business.
Let’s jump right in.
What is AMZScout Pro?
While AMZScout is designed to be a product research tool, users can access an array of additional extras, including the AMZScout Pro Chrome extension.
Each of the tools is designed to help take the guesswork out of product selection and ensure your listings are optimized as well.
The web app is designed to be used outside of Amazon, giving you instant access to sales data, including sales history, as well as detailed competitor and keyword data.
AMZScout Pro, on the other hand, is meant to be used while you’re browsing Amazon. You can use it to research different niches, find profitable product opportunities, and calculate your selling price based on competitor data.
Just how accurate is AMZScout, though?
When using Amzscout, I actually found their estimates slightly lower than my actual results; I’d prefer it to be this way round, though!
I think the fact that big names such as Disney and Red Bull are regular users says a lot.
Their in-depth product database comprises over 520 million listings and has all the necessary parameters in place. You can use filters to refine your search; these include size, category, sales volume, seller type, listing quality score, and more.
Overall, I found AMZScout to be a reliable source of information, and both the web app and Pro extension are easy to use.
A special mention for their chrome extension (Amzscout Pro) It is easy to use and shows you many interesting data points.
Watch me run through the Amzscout Pro chrome extension in the video below!
The way they present the data is very easy on the eye, making product sourcing decisions pretty straight forward.
I especially like their “Niche score”; see an example using “Whiskey Stones” below.
Anyway, more on the chrome extension later.
I also found the pricing to be more reasonable than some other platforms that offer similar toolsets.
Now that you understand the basics of the platform and extension let’s get into the finer details.
AMZScout Pros and Cons
AMZScout is a steadfast and affordable tool in a nutshell, but this doesn’t mean it’s not free of a few cons. Using AMZScout, you will be able to build a solid foundation for your store, but other tools on the market offer added extras that AMZScout simply doesn’t.
- Out of all the product research tools on the market, AMZScout is one of the more affordable.
- Both the web app and Chrome extension are user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- The tools they have bundled together cover all the basics a seller might need from a product research toolkit.
- The AMZScout Pro Chrome extension is aesthetically pleasing to look at.
- The product database is sizeable, which means access to more data.
- There is an abundance of resources available to new users who want to learn how to use their tools more effectively.
- New users have the option to sign up for a free account before they invest in a paid plan; this only lasts a few days, though it includes using the Chrome extension too.
- When compared to other tools of this nature, AMZScout doesn’t offer as much functionality as some other competitors.
- Not all data is always available for all products, which can skew your research.
- AMZScout Pro is only available to Chrome users.
Now that you know the pros and cons, let me take you through this Amazon research platform’s features and functionality.
AMZScout Pro Chrome Extension Features
AMZScout Pro will ensure you don’t end up with products you can’t sell.
Once you install the Chrome extension, you can take advantage of the following features:
- Product Research Tool. Source more in-demand products with low competition. Instantly access real-time product sales volume, rank, price history, competition data, and more, all while browsing Amazon.
- Profit Calculator. Knowing what to charge for your products is an essential part of becoming a successful Amazon seller, and AMZScout Pro can help. Using competitor and sales history data, you can calculate product prices and potential profits.
- Saturation Score Calculator. It’s also possible to find out how much competition you can expect now and, in the future, if you pursue a specific niche. AMZScout Pro’s Saturation Score is an indicator of this.
- Niche Score Calculator. Wondering where to focus your efforts? The Niche Score feature makes it easier to identify profitable niches based on the Revenue per Review parameter.
- Competitor Analysis. Discover what keywords your competitors are using and how well their listings are optimized, allowing you to do better.
AMZScout Web App Features
AMZScout’s web application is just as useful if you want to access in-depth product and competitor data. Features include:
- Product Database. Find products that have the potential to make a good profit. Simply enter a keyword or ASIN to discover new products. The data is really easy to understand and includes the sales cost and revenue. The filtering options help narrow down your search further, ensuring you don’t waste time on highly competitive products.
- Keyword Explorer. Along with finding keywords that are relevant to your listing, AMZScout can also provide you with related searches. Not only does this highlight new product opportunities, but it ensures your listings are highly optimized too. If you want more time to analyze keyword opportunities, simply export the list in Excel.
- Product Tracker. Before you make a final decision on the products you want to sell, track them. AMZScout’s product tracker will show you how specific products perform over time, helping you determine whether they are opportunities.
- Amazon Index Checker & Keyword Tracker. If Amazon isn’t indexing your keywords, they’re not going to have much of an effect on your rankings. The Amazon Index Checker and Keyword Tracker tracks search rank to drive more buyers to your product listings. It can also help with the optimization of your PPC campaigns.
- Reverse ASIN Lookup. If you need more details on a competitor product, perform a reverse ASIN search using AMZScout. This will show you which keywords a competitor ranks for and help you gauge how popular a product is.
AMZScout Ratings & Conclusion
Overall, here are my final thoughts on AMZScout Pro as well as the web app.
- Ease-of-Use: 5/5
- Features: 3/5
- Customer Service: 4/5
- Value for Money: 4/5
While AMZScout is affordable and offers the option to sign up for a free plan, its features aren’t as robust as other platforms with a similar offering. However, the toolkit is perfect if you are just getting started on Amazon and want to wrap your head around the basics first.
I would prefer more support options such as live chat, but at least they offer a number of videos that show you how to use and make the most of their tools. We haven’t gone into the education section of their software, but it is jammed packed with useful tutorials!
AMZScout Pro is an extension I would definitely use again. I absolutely love it!
I’d encourage you to sign up for a free trial to try it yourself; you can sign up using this link. (If you end up purchasing the software, we will make a commission, just so you know!
If you want to sign up for one of their paid plans, I have a bonus for you. For a limited time, you can use this link to get our checklist of essential questions to ask your supplier.
This could save you A LOT in the long run.
If you would like to continue exploring your options, take a look at how AMZScout weighs up against Helium 10.
If you have any questions, ask away below.Tags: amazon seller, amazon seller tools, Amazon Software Review, AMZScout, ecommerce, selling on amazon