There are several research tools to choose from as an online seller, but I will compare AMZScout vs Jungle Scout – two popular choices in this article.
It’s easy enough to start an Amazon business, but how do you know which products you should sell or whether your sales and marketing tactics are working?
To work this out, you are going to need the right seller toolbox at your disposal.
By the end of this comparison, you will know exactly which tool is right for your business.
If you are in a rush, let me help you out. Here is a comparison table based on my research of these amazon seller tools.
Now if you are here just for the discount coupons, Hello you savvy shopper. I have managed to secure you an exclusive discount coupon for Jungle scout & bundled saving offer for Amzscout, you’ll find both below.
Save More Than 60%!
Click here for the: Amzscout Bundle Discount Offer
Anyway, let’s get into it!
What is AMZScout?
Created for Amazon FBA sellers, AMZScout helps you hunt for the best products to sell and ensures you reach the right customers too.
Even though there has been some criticism around the accuracy of the product data, I found the tool to be reliable.
There is a web app and Chrome extension available, both of which give users access to several tools that will build and grow their Amazon businesses.
This all-in-one toolkit is free to try, but the paid plans give you access to more features, keywords, products, and educational resources.
I have watched several AMZScout’s educational videos – there is so much valuable information available to new and advanced Amazon sellers.
If you are looking for another comparable tool you could look at Helium 10. It’s very similar to Jungle Scout but quite different to Amzscout in my opinion.
What is Jungle Scout?
Many people ask me whether Amazon owns Jungle Scout. The answer is no.
Jungle Scout is an independent product research tool and tracker that was specifically created for the Amazon marketplace.
They are probably the biggest Amazon-related software company out there.
This platform is similar to AMZScout because it has a web app, Chrome extension, and a selection of product research and marketing-related tools. However, it has been around for a little longer than AMZScout.
Along with its educational resources, Jungle Scout is also known for its excellent customer support services.
I’ve had to ask their team a few questions on several occasions and was never disappointed with the response times.
While there are no free plans available, you can sign up for a free 14-day trial and use the Chrome extension for free too.
AMZScout vs Jungle Scout – The Differences
Now that you know the basics of each platform let me take you through some of the differences.
- Sales Analytics Access. One of the first features that Jungle Scout has that AMZScout doesn’t is sales data. Users can track the number of products sold, seller rankings, available inventory, product history, and more.
- Marketplace Support. Both Jungle Scout and AMZScout are supported in most major marketplaces, including the U.S, UK, France, India, Mexico, Italy, Spain, and Canada. However, Jungle Scout also supports Japan.
- Supplier Database Access. Amazon sellers who need to find qualified and reliable suppliers with a successful history can do so with Jungle Scout.
Source: Jungle Scout
I show you how I find my competitors suppliers using the Jungle scout database in the video below!
- Promotional Capabilities. Launch is another Jungle Scout tool that gives sellers the option to launch product promotions and manage email outreach campaigns. Another alternative tool on this side of things is Viral launch, we’ve used their services more than once.
- Inventory Management Capabilities. If you would prefer to manage your products, listings, promotions, and inventory in one place, Jungle Scout can do that. Predict stock requirements and avoid backorder fees with the help of this inventory management tool.
Source: Jungle Scout
AMZScout vs Jungle Scout – The Similarities
Next, let’s look at what you can achieve using both Jungle Scout and AMZScout.
- Access to Product Research Data. Both Jungle Scout and AMZScout give you access to an extensive product database, which includes product history. Brainstorm product ideas and spy on competitors to decide what you should sell. I did find Jungle Scout’s product history to be broader and I absolutely love their Niche hunter tool.
- Access to Keyword Research Data. Discover what potential customers are searching for and which keyword opportunities you should take advantage of. You can also monitor keyword performance to optimize your product listings further.
- Chrome Extension Access. While both platforms have a Chrome extension, the features of each are slightly different. The Jungle Scout Chrome extension gives you access to real-time competitor and sales data and product opportunity scores and allows you to send bulk review requests. The AMZScout Chrome extension validates your product ideas with sales estimates, reviews, and costs. I actually prefer the look of Amzscouts chrome extension; I love the niche score section and the layout.
Source: Jungle Scout
- Listing Quality Score Tracking. Track product ratings using a 1-to-5-point system on the Jungle Scout web app, ensuring you know how to improve your own listings. However, if you’re using AMZScout, you can expect a point system that ranges from 1 to 100 as it covers more factors.
- FBA Fee Calculator Access. Both Jungle Scout and AMZScout have an FBA fee calculator, which really comes in handy when you’re planning which products to sell. Both calculators are free to use.
Source: Jungle Scout
Who Should Get AMZscout (and Why)?
Overall, AMZScout is a reliable tool, but it’s just going to give you the basics you would expect from a product research tool.
The web app is easy to navigate, and you won’t find it difficult to get set up once you have an Amazon account.
If you want to run marketing campaigns, though, you will need to use separate platforms. The same applies if you were also hoping to manage your inventory in the same place.
As an AMZScout user, you can also look forward to insightful video content that will help you grow your Amazon business every step of the way.
If you would like to give AMZScout, you can sign up for a free account or find an exclusive offer here.
Who Should Get Jungle Scout (and Why)?
With Jungle Scout, you can do a lot more than finding a great product and keyword ideas.
If you plan to turn your Amazon business into a full-time endeavor, Jungle Scout has the extras you need, including sales data, inventory management, and marketing capabilities.
What’s more, you can also use Jungle Scout to source reliable manufacturers instead of performing a Google search and hoping for the best.
This is also one of the more user-friendly interfaces I have come across to date, and I didn’t run into any problems during setup.
Even though there are no free Jungle Scout plans, you can always sign up for a free 14-day trial.
IF you want to sign up for free or save money on a paid plan, click here.
Remember if you go on to purchase after clicking one of our links we might make a commission! Only fair that we mention that.
If you are still scratching your head and can’t decide between the two, why not consider Amazeowl? It’s a different type of tool but one you might enjoy as an alternative.
AMZScout vs Jungle Scout – Which Tool is Better?
So, just how accurate is AMZScout, and is Jungle Scout better?
Personally, the biggest difference between these two platforms is that one offers more features than the other. What you require for your business will determine which of these tools you should use.
Jungle Scout has been around for longer, and as a private label seller, I find the extra features and functionality useful.
Something I do appreciate about both platforms, though, is the abundance of available resources. You definitely won’t struggle to learn how to use and make the most of the tools that Jungle Scout and AMZScout offer.
As to which tool is better, my personal pick is Jungle Scout. However, I actually prefer Amzscouts chrome extension!
I really hope you found this useful, if you have any more questions drop me a comment below!
More soon.Tags: Amazon beginner, amazon FBA, amazon seller questions, amazon seller tools, Amazon Software Comparison, AMZScout, jungle scout