Amazon has now made it possible for sellers to show potential customers their products in a whole new way.
With video being such a popular medium across the web, it only makes sense to use videos to enhance your product listings.
In this guide, I will show you how to add video to an Amazon listing to boost sales.
How to Add Video to an Amazon Listing
When it comes to how to add a video to an Amazon listing, you’ll be pleased to know that it’s really straightforward.
Here are the steps you would follow:
- Once you log in to Seller Central, look for Upload & Manage Videos under the Inventory menu.
- Click on Upload Video to locate and upload your chosen video file.
- Lastly, insert the details of your video, which include a thumbnail, keywords, and the ASINs related to the video. You can now hit Submit and wait for Amazon to approve your video.
A few students have asked can you add videos without Brand Registry?
The answer to this is yes.
This wasn’t always the case, but Amazon has now made it possible for non-brand registered sellers to add videos to their listings.
Let’s talk about the types of video that can add value to your Amazon listing.
Understanding the Different Types of Amazon Product Videos
There are four different videos that you can add to your Amazon product listings:
- The Explainer. In this video, you would focus on product benefits and how customers would use them; education is an important part of the sales process.
- The Highlights. This specific video is completely focused on your product and shows it from different angles, ensuring customers know exactly what they’re buying.
- The Review. If you happen to have customer testimonial videos, you can turn this into a video for your product listing. Influencers can be a brilliant, low-cost source of videos like this; just make sure they don’t violate Amazon listing video guidelines.
- The Comparison. If you want to highlight how your products are different than or better than those of a competitor, you could create a comparison video.
Amazon Product Video Guidelines
If you are going to fully understand how to add a video to an Amazon product listing, there are a few guidelines you must consider:
- The video needs to be English.
- If you make any claims about your products, have evidence to back it up.
- You cannot defame any competitor products or brands.
- Videos cannot contain information on pricing or promotions.
- Amazon will not approve videos that make health claims.
- You cannot direct customers and viewers away from Amazon via a video.
- Videos cannot contain any sexual, political, or sensitive information.
- Should you choose to include customer reviews, they cannot be older than 12 months.
- Any products used in the video must be your own.
Now for the technical guidelines.
Amazon Video Technical Guidelines
- Videos should be 480p or higher.
- A 16:9 aspect ratio is ideal.
- Videos can’t be larger than 5GB.
- Only .mp4 or .mov formats are accepted.
- You need a thumbnail image that represents the video for when you upload it.
Uploading a video isn’t going to increase your sales automatically; it has to actually be useful.
Let me give you some of my best tips.
Tips for Creating a Video for Your Amazon Product Listings
Now that you have the basic guidelines, let’s look at a few tips to make your Amazon videos great.
- Product photos aren’t videos. Using photos to create a product video doesn’t have the same effect. It’s important to use a video camera to film your product in an appropriate setting to increase sales.
- Consider the location. Choose your video location carefully. Your product should be filmed in a space where it would actually be used. You can always shoot your product against a white background, but this won’t give it that real-world effect.
- Pay attention to product quality. The product you choose to shoot should look good physically. Scratches and defects won’t encourage customers to purchase the product. You could always remove imperfections during editing, but this often takes more time and costs more than simply using a good quality product.
- Don’t make it too short or too long. There’s no need to extend the length of your video unnecessarily. However, it is recommended that your video be at least 30 seconds if possible.
- Use a call to action. The point of your video is to drive more sales, so don’t forget to include a clear call to action. Be specific with your call to action too. Place Your Order is a better option than Visit Website; remember you’ll have to pay attention to Amazon’s guidelines.
- Plan and test. Before you start shooting any of your Amazon product videos, plan your visuals, script, and music. Each element should work together and suit your brand and target audience. Don’t forget to test your video before you upload it. You want Amazon to approve your video the first time around.
Your Amazon product listings should always be as strong as possible, and videos can help take your listings to the next level.
If you have the right equipment and know-how or enough budget to hire a professional, I highly recommend adding video to your Amazon marketing strategy; as the years go on, I’m sure it will become more and more important.
I also suggest reading my guide on how to create an Amazon listing from scratch to ensure you’re covering all your bases.
More useful content is coming soon!Tags: amazon FBA, amazon seller tools, amazon video, product video